Re: [pgAdmin][RM-6143]: Shared server entries not getting deleted.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin][RM-6143]: Shared server entries not getting deleted.
Date: 2021-02-01 09:22:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 7:51 AM Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi Dave/ Team,
>
> As per the suggestions I have created a sample UI for change ownership of
> shared servers before deleting the user(only for admin user).
> [image: shared_server_change_ownsership.png]
> The user list will contain all admin users. (This alert will get display
> if the admin user has created any shared servers.)

The UI is fine, but the wording needs work. A couple of general hints: An
entire sense would never be in parentheses, and there should always be a
space following a full stop.

"Select the user that will take ownership of the shared servers created by
<user name>. <num servers> shared servers are currently owned by this user."

"Note: If no user is selected, the shared servers will be deleted."

I'd also suggest that if the user does not select a new owner, a message
box should ask for confirmation before continuing:

"The shared servers owned by <user name> will be deleted. Do you wish to
continue?".