Re: Change browser in MacOS

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Patrick De Visschere <pdvisschere(at)edpnet(dot)be>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Change browser in MacOS
Date: 2019-01-25 10:46:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:22 AM Patrick De Visschere
<pdvisschere(at)edpnet(dot)be> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> When the server is not running the .plist file is not overwritten (at 00:59);
> I’ve then renamed the .plist file. When I start the server again no .plist file appears. The config window stills contains my custom Browser Command; A new .plist file is generated when I change this command and click OK.
>
> The .plist file contains among other things the Browser.LastSaveLocation. My new .plist file as well as the overwritten one contain a location which is nearly a year old. I don’t know what specific location is saved here but I have saved .sql and .csv files in the mean time.
>
> pgadmin4 must be storing information somewhere else and I’ve not been able to find that location: it’s not within my user directory as far as I can see.
>
> The .plist file is overwritten at 00:59, which is when a backup is scheduled. But lots of other things happen at that time, e.g. switchting of system.log files …
> I’ll check next what happens if no backup is scheduled.

I honestly have no idea what's going on here. "LastSaveLocation" was
only used until v3.0 of pgAdmin 4 (when the entire file that it was
part of was removed as part of the change to use the system's web
browser), so unless you're using 2.x or 1.x, I don't see any way that
it's possible for pgAdmin to write that to the plist file.

> Since nobody else seems to experience this problem, it’s probbaly related to my specific set-up.

I think it must be. Something - I have no idea what - is apparently
replacing the file with a very old version.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company