Re: SHOW_GRAVATAR_IMAGE ignored

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: mail(at)mcnesium(dot)com
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SHOW_GRAVATAR_IMAGE ignored
Date: 2018-11-19 12:01:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 11:39 AM <mail(at)mcnesium(dot)com> wrote:

> After upgrading form 3.1 to 3.5 the environment variable
> SHOW_GRAVATAR_IMAGE is not being processed anymore, or rather: it still
> loads data from an unsolicited third party and tells them the mail
> address of the pgadmin user.
>
> docker-compose.yml:
>
> …
> environment:
> - SHOW_GRAVATAR_IMAGE=False
> …
>
> docker exec -ti pgadmin sh
>
> /pgadmin4 # echo $SHOW_GRAVATAR_IMAGE
> False
> /pgadmin4 # grep -i gravatar ./config.py
> # Allow users to display Gravatar image for their username in Server
> mode
> SHOW_GRAVATAR_IMAGE = True
>
> What can I do about that?

SHOW_GRAVATAR_IMAGE has never been read from the environment in the pgAdmin
code or the official Docker container.

You could probably override it by creating a config_local.py file on the
host, and launching with it mounted in the right place in the container -
e.g.

docker run -p 443:443 -v
"/path/to/config_local.py:/pgadmin4/config_local.py" ...

I haven't tested that, but it should work in theory. I don't know how you'd
translate that into Compose.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com