Re: pgadmin server-status does not display

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Walter Nordmann <wnordmann(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin server-status does not display
Date: 2016-11-10 12:03:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Walter Nordmann <wnordmann(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi dave,
>
> 1) Please try selecting the View -> Default View option from the menu,
> to reset the layout.
>
> ok, did it many time. but no changes.
>
> 2) Why are you running a debug build?
>
> don't think so:

The log has:

INFO : 18:54:15: Running a DEBUG build.

and that is only output if the build was done with the WXDEBUG flag set. It
shouldn't make any difference here, but isn't the norm.

> in the log i can't see any result for queries except fetching the
> pg_log-files. but i'm not 100% shure where to look at.

This query, for example, is used to populate the Activity pane:

SELECT p.pid AS pid, application_name, datname, usename,
CASE WHEN client_port=-1 THEN 'local pipe' WHEN length(client_hostname)>0
THEN client_hostname||':'||client_port ELSE
textin(inet_out(client_addr))||':'||client_port END AS client,
date_trunc('second', backend_start) AS backend_start, CASE WHEN
state='active' THEN date_trunc('second', query_start)::text ELSE '' END AS
query_start,
date_trunc('second', xact_start) AS xact_start, state, date_trunc('second',
state_change) AS state_change, backend_xid::text, backend_xmin::text,
(SELECT min(l1.pid) FROM pg_locks l1 WHERE GRANTED AND (relation IN (SELECT
relation FROM pg_locks l2 WHERE l2.pid=p.pid AND NOT granted) OR
transactionid IN (SELECT transactionid FROM pg_locks l3 WHERE l3.pid=p.pid
AND NOT granted))) AS blockedby,
query AS query,
CASE WHEN query_start IS NULL OR state<>'active' THEN false ELSE
query_start < now() - '10 seconds'::interval END AS slowquery
FROM pg_stat_activity p ORDER BY 1 ASC

If I'm honest, I'm pretty stumped now. I can't see any reason why the data
wouldn't be displayed. Anyone else?

btw: Still waiting for postgres running on 16.10 yaketty. would like to
> install the newest version of pgadmin4.

If we can find a Debian/Ubuntu packager, I'd be happy to oblige. :-/

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company