Re: Importing servers with setup.py --load-servers with the same server group name for multiple users

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Henk F(dot) van Til" <henk(dot)vantil(at)isp(dot)solcon(dot)nl>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Importing servers with setup.py --load-servers with the same server group name for multiple users
Date: 2019-02-21 15:44:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 12:59 PM Henk F. van Til <henk(dot)vantil(at)isp(dot)solcon(dot)nl>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have pgadmin4 version 4.2 installed in server mode so it can be used by
> several people.
>
> When creating an account for a new user, no servers are defined.
>

> To setup these servers you can use the import functionality
>
> If you use the example from “
> https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/dev/export_import_servers.html”
>
> you get the message:
>
> python setup.py --load-servers servers.json --user foo1(at)foo(dot)nl
> <foo(at)foo(dot)nl>
>
> Added 2 Server Group(s) and 2 Server(s).
>

> When you use the same json to import for an other user you get the message:
>
> python setup.py --load-servers servers.json --user foo2(at)foo(dot)nl
> <foo(at)foo(dot)nl>
>
> Added 0 Server Group(s) and 2 Server(s).
>

> No servers added. The second user does not see the servers, it looks like
> they are not created.
>
> If you use the same json but change the ‘Group’ names it will be imported
> correctly.
>
> So for each users the ‘Group’ names has to be unique.
>

> Is there a solution to import the same json import file for multiple users
> and for each user the ‘Group’ names will be the same?

Thanks for the report. I've fixed this for 4.3.

If you want to fix your existing installation, take a backup of the
setup.py file, then edit the original. Find the line (194 in the current
GIT head) that reads:

groups = ServerGroup.query.all()

and change it to:

groups = ServerGroup.query.filter_by(user_id=user_id)

Then find the line (around 254) that reads:

groups = ServerGroup.query.all()

and change it to:

groups = ServerGroup.query.filter_by(user_id=user_id)

You can see the diff at
https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/repository/revisions/73b144c45c991340f1b0c4ca70a6457be1fd5feb/diff/web/setup.py.

--
Dave Page