Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox
Date: 2018-04-23 13:12:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> I have added support for running feature tests against FireFox. For that
> user will have to download gecko driver from https://github.com/mozilla/
> geckodriver/releases and follow the below steps:
>
> - Extract the gecko driver.
> - Run chmod +x geckodriver.
> - Either copy the geckodriver to /usr/local/bin or the path of the
> geckodriver must be specified in PATH.
> - Apply the attached patch.
> - Change the parameter "DEFAULT_TEST_BROWSER = 'Firefox' "
> - Start the feature test.
>
> The config option needs to be in test_config.json. We don't really want
test-specific config options in config.py (arguably, TEST_SQLITE_PATH
shoudn't be there either, as it's useless for end users).

I'm surprised to not see any updates to tests. When I tried firefox
manually a few weeks back, it was failing at lot.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company