Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Improvement in the look and feel of the whole applica

From: Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Improvement in the look and feel of the whole applica
Date: 2019-01-16 14:59:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 6:29 AM Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> Thanks patch applied without Tree Changes.
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:55 AM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@
> enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hackers,
>>
>> Attached is the patch for further design improvements:
>> - Process watcher made fixed width with header changes, time details
>> rounded to 2 decimals
>> - Query history will show "No query history" if no query fired. Query
>> editor default size increased.
>> - Tree improvements - right bold border removed completely. Now click
>> anywhere on a tree item to perform actions. Please note, single click on
>> the tiny tree arrow button will not work with this. Clicking anywhere is
>> more useful than this.
>>
> @Dave Should we proceed with this behaviour, I haven't commit it.

I like the blue bit, so that should come back.

I would say that a single-click on the arrow should open/close the node,
whilst a double-click on the icon or label should open/close it.

--
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers