Re: problem with docker image : servers.json file mapping

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Mickaël SALMON <ms(at)sylob(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem with docker image : servers.json file mapping
Date: 2020-09-11 10:46:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 7:45 AM Mickaël SALMON <ms(at)sylob(dot)com> wrote:

> Sorry, when mapped to */tmp/servers.json* (according to the doc), same
> thing ...
>
> ms-alpine:~# ls -lh /tmp/
> total 4K
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Sep 11 08:41 servers.json
>

> Should not I run container with root ?

It shouldn't matter what user you launch the container with, as long as the
file is readable by UID 5050 (which it should be, given the permissions
above - though the file doesn't need execute permissions).

Is Docker configured to let you mount files in /tmp? On my mac, there are
configuration options to specify what directories files can be shared from.
I don't know how that's configured on other OSs.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com