Re: pgAdmin4 Server does not create SQLite tables

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4 Server does not create SQLite tables
Date: 2016-10-11 20:47:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2016 10:50 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> >

> > On Monday, October 10, 2016, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
> <javascript:;>
> > <mailto:josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com <javascript:;>>> wrote:
>
> > One thing which would improve this is to have setup.py take an
> optional
> > --directory argument.
> >

> > How so? It gets the path from the config, the same way the app does. If
> > you separate them, it's bound to go wrong for some users.
>
> Ah, so I can drop a path into config_local?

Yes, per the example I sent yesterday. config_local.py (and
config_distro.py) are sourced by config.py. config_distro is read first,
and can be used by packagers to override distro-specific options, and then
config_local is read to allow users to do further customisation.

> In that case, configuring that and running setup.py is what needs to
> happen for the RPM ...

Not really - the problem there is that the same package needs to support
both desktop and server modes - and that's proving not to work so well at
present. The security side of the problem should be solved by the patch I
sent earlier which ensures that all installations will have unique keys.
There will remain conflicts between modes though, with regard to some of
the paths. I suspect what we'll have to end up doing is have everything
work out of the box for desktop mode, but have users tweak config_local.py
for server mode.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com