Re: ASC files not verifying Windows pgAdmin 4 installers

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: J Paz <joe(dot)paz(at)live(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ASC files not verifying Windows pgAdmin 4 installers
Date: 2020-03-30 08:18:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 9:11 AM J Paz <joe(dot)paz(at)live(dot)com> wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>

> I tried to download pgAdmin 4.18 and 4.19 for Windows, but I cannot use
> the corresponding asc files posted at
> https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v4.18/windows/ or at
> https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v4.19/windows/ to verify
> the installers. What must be done to allow for verifying the installers?
>

> Thank you for your assistance.

They're largely irrelevant for the Windows installers to be honest; that
because the installers themselves are codesigned, so Windows will
automatically check them and warn you if the signatures are invalid or not.

I might just remove the sigs for the Windows installers (and the Mac ones,
which are also codesigned using macOS' native technology).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company