Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Grant Wizard

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Grant Wizard
Date: 2016-04-07 19:22:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

Nearly there :-). Assuming no regressions, I believe we'll be ready to
commit once the following issues are resolved:

- The select object grid should fill the available vertical space in the
dialogue - at present there's a gap below it.

- When scrolling to the top of bottom of the select object grid, the
dialogue jumps up or down the screen a little, if the dialogue has been
resized to a larger size.

- Please allow the wizard to be opened from a Database node, in which case
objects from all schemas should be listed. This will also require support
for schemas themselves.

- When selecting privileges, each time I click on a checkbox, the row
closes. Similar grids elsewhere in the app close the row when the cell
loses focus, *however*, that is also the incorrect behaviour - the row
should only close when the row itself loses focus (and should open when it
gets focus).

- The message:

Please select objects from the below list.

should read:

Please select objects from the list below.

- The message:

Following query will be executed on the database server for the selected
objects, and privileges. Please click on Finish to complete the process.

should read:

The SQL below will be executed on the database server to grant the selected
privileges. Please click on <b>Finish</b> to complete the process.

Thanks!