Re: Why fields are not editable in pgAdmin?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Michael Monerau <michael(dot)monerau(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why fields are not editable in pgAdmin?
Date: 2019-05-24 09:24:09
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:16 AM Michael Monerau <michael(dot)monerau(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Although I am logged in as an Administrator user in pgAdmin4, and with a
> super user role inside my database, the edition fields are always disabled,
> as in:
>
> [image: enter image description here]
> <https://i.stack.imgur.com/J1Uca.png>
>
> So I can't make modifications with the interface.
>
> Is there some knob to turn on somewhere to allow that?

No - they're disabled because PostgreSQL doesn't offer a way to modify
those options. You have to drop the constraint and add a new one. See
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-altertable.html

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com