Re: pgAdmin 4 v2, server cannot be connected

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Ronald Viscarra <ronald(dot)viscarra(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 4 v2, server cannot be connected
Date: 2017-10-06 16:17:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Ronald Viscarra <ronald(dot)viscarra(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> --
> Atte. Ronald ViscarraHi, recently I updated from v1.6 to v2, the first
> time works fine, then I closed pgAdmin and tried to open it again, but says
> "the server cannot be connected" or something similar, I dont remember
> well, so, I deleted all into folder "c:\{myuser}\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin",
> and tried to open it again, that works, but all time says that there's new
> version available and the version installed is 1.6, in windows/panel
> control, says version 2, icons changed too, to version 1.6 why?, and why
> now is working and not when is a fresh install of version2 after first open?

The version number comes from the config file, normally config.py, but
overridable in config_distro.py or config_local.py in the web/ directory of
the installation. If I had to guess, I suggest that maybe you copied
config.py from one installation to the other at some point (maybe you
copied it to config_local.py originally, then copied that into the new
installation)?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com