Re: Fixed help information issue for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixed help information issue for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint
Date: 2013-08-05 13:20:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> I have fixed on minor issue where there is no help information (.rst)
> available for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint. Bug is reproducible when
> user click on "Help" button on guru hint dialog for "Server
> Instrumentation".
>
> I have fixed it by disabling the "Help" button for "Server Instrumentation"
> guru hint. Attached is the patch file. Please review it and if it look good
> to you then can you please commit it.

This doesn't seem like the right approach. We should remove the
invalid helpfile names from the hintArray (set them to NULL/0 I
guess), and then if necessary, modify the dialogue to enable or
disable the button based on that value.

That will be more future-proof, and follows the existing design much
more closely.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page