Re: Difficulty in installing postgre14 " stack builder" using PG4 admin notes

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Mall, Sunita" <sunita(dot)mall(at)ketteringhealth(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Difficulty in installing postgre14 " stack builder" using PG4 admin notes
Date: 2022-01-04 17:01:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 4:57 PM Mall, Sunita <Sunita(dot)Mall(at)ketteringhealth(dot)org>
wrote:

> I am unable to install the admin stack builder on Postgre SQL14
>
> I was asked to follow some instructions on Pg4 admin, but I am not
> understanding what to do.
>
> Are you able to send me clear step by step instructions to get the admin
> stack builder?
>
> I have the software-POSTgre SQL 14 downloaded.
>
> I have the SQL shell black window that opens
>
> I need this for a class in databases starting tomorrow.
>
> Can you please reply ASAP?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sunita Mall

StackBuilder is a component included in EDB's PostgreSQL Installers.
Download the installer for PostgreSQL 14 from
https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads, run
it, and ensure the StackBuilder option is checked when you are asked what
components to install.

If you're trying to install pgAdmin (your message is a little confusing),
you can also select that on the same step of the PostgreSQL installer.

Alternatively you can download pgAdmin on it's own from
https://www.pgadmin.org/download/

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com