Re: portion of pgadmin page not allowed to display

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Tom Plancon <tplancon(at)bkaarchs(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: portion of pgadmin page not allowed to display
Date: 2023-05-04 15:34:09
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Thu, 4 May 2023 at 16:15, Tom Plancon <tplancon(at)bkaarchs(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> New to pgadmin. Installed pgadmin4 web version on ubuntu 22 with apache2
> using apt repository.
>
> Installation appeared to be successful; I am able to log into the site,
> connect to my database and see schema list etc..
>
> However, when I select a table and click “View data”, I see this in the
> right-side display area:
>

> To protect your security, ‘mysite.myDomain.com’ will not allow Firefox to
> display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you
> need to open it in a new window.
>

> I’ve tried other browsers and get a broken page icon. I assume it’s an
> apache2 configuration issue, but I’m not having much luck googling it
>
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks much.

It sounds like Apache is setting the X-Frame-Options header to DENY in its
(right-click, and select "Inspect", and then find the initial request in
the list - probably the top one). For example, this is from
www.postgresql.org:

[image: Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 16.28.54.png]

See the third header from the bottom on the right.

pgAdmin won't work with that set (which is not the default as far as we've
ever seen); you'll need to update your Apache config to either not send the
header at all, or set it to SAMEORIGIN.

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com