Re: Feature #6395 - Basic Log Rotation

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Thomas Greenwood <tom(at)coginternet(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature #6395 - Basic Log Rotation
Date: 2021-04-20 10:23:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 5:17 PM Thomas Greenwood <tom(at)coginternet(dot)net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've opened feature issue #6395 to enable log rotation in pgAdmin4 v5.
>
> Please find the attached basic patch as a starter for 10. It's the same
> patch attached to the feature issue.

Nice! My only suggestions would be that the config options be added to
config.py, with default values of zero for log size, and say, 5 for the
number of backups (should that be 'archives'?), and that we test to see if
the log size is > 0 before enabling rotation. The reason for that is that
we keep all config options in config.py to ensure it's self-documenting.

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com