RM6228 - setup-web.sh platform detection

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Syed Fahar Abbas <fahar(dot)abbas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: RM6228 - setup-web.sh platform detection
Date: 2021-02-26 14:59:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

The attached patch attempts to make the platform detection in setup-web.sh
more capable of detecting Debian/Ubuntu variants, and simplifies a couple
of other parts of the code. It also allows the platform type to be
overridden in the PGADMIN_PLATFORM_TYPE environment variable with either
'redhat' or 'debian', for any cases where auto-detection fails.

Fahar; I've also attached a copy of the modified script. Before this is
committed, please test it on all our Redhat/Fedora/Debian/Ubuntu platforms.
You can install the v5.0 packages as normal, but then use this version of
the script (from any directory) to configure web mode instead of the one
that ships in the -web package.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM6228.diff application/octet-stream 3.3 KB
setup-web.sh text/x-sh 4.5 KB