Re: PG 15 downloads

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, pgsql-release(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>, Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PG 15 downloads
Date: 2022-10-19 08:16:11
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 at 16:18, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 10/18/22 07:43, Dave Page wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 at 15:15, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com
> > <mailto:adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/18/22 01:15, Dave Page wrote:
> >

> > > Regardless of who is managing them, surely the person in
> > charge of
> > > it should be on this list to be able to answer questions etc.
> > >

> > > You're suggesting the person in charge of the EDB website should
> > be on
> > > this mailing list on the off-chance we decide to have a
> > discussion about
> > > adding an API or file to the EDB site? That seems excessive,
> > given this
> > > or anything like it has happened once in 15+ years.
> >
> > No, so they can be part of the conversation period so we don't have
> > wait for some intra-company communication/process to take place.
> >

> > Well on that basis, perhaps you could subscribe to the pgadmin-hackers
> > mailing list just in case we decide we need something from you in a few
> > years?
> >
> > Yes, that's a facetious suggestion, but I don't think it's far from
> > what's being asked.
>
> Except I have not interest in doing anything with pgAdmin, whereas the
> EDB installer maintainers do need to know what is going on with a site
> they are linked to. By your own admission you are not really involved
> with anymore, so it would seem having at least one of the folks that is
> involved monitoring the list would be a good idea.

I'm not involved with the EDB website team any more. I'm still involved
with the installer maintainer team, albeit in a supervisory rather than
practical fix-bugs-myself role. So that team does have a presence on this
list.

> > There was no "getting around to prioritizing supporting Postgres". The
>
> I went back and reread the thread and realized I was mistaken, the
> installers where there. The Postgres site had not been updated. For that
> I apologize.

No problem, thanks.

--
Dave Page