Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third party websites

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Álvaro Hernández <aht(at)ongres(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third party websites
Date: 2019-09-23 13:01:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 1:20 PM Álvaro Hernández <aht(at)ongres(dot)com> wrote:

> TBQH, I'm having a really hard time to understand how this
>> conclusion could be derived from my words.
>

> It's exactly what I've inferred from your emails, and clearly I'm not
> alone :-(
>

> In between this sentence you are replying to, and the next one, there
> was this one which you removed from your response:
>
> "For the avoidance of doubt: Stefan, and any other pg-infra volunteer or
> anyone else how felt bad about my words: my deepest and most sincere
> apology. I never, under any circumstance, intended to do any negative
> statement about the job done or the team itself. I have a great deal of
> respect to any kind of volunteering in general, let alone for the one on
> helping on the technology that I love. I have volunteered tons of work on
> Postgres myself, and I cannot otherwise that feel in the same page.
> pg-infra: I know the work that you do and have done, and I really
> appreciate it, specially given how small team you are."
>
> The fact that you are still replying to the above sentence with the
> paragraph that follows removed, means that either:
>
> * you didn't read it (in which case, please do);
>
> * or you are acting in bad faith, by replying to the first sentence only,
> and deleting the following paragraph. You are insisting on the matter which
> is clearly responded on the second one, and showing a negative sentiment
> through the use of that smiley which IMHO should have turned into the
> opposite smiley after my apology and clarifications. The fact that you
> could be acting in bad faith, being a Core Member, really worries me.

I was responding to the specific point that you're "having a really hard
time to understand how this conclusion could be derived from my words".
Whether or not you later apologised is irrelevant to the comment that I
read your words in the same way as Stefan.

That neither means that I didn't read it (I did) or that I was acting in
bad faith (I was not).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com