Re: config_distro.py missing in pgadmin4 v4.12

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Ron(dot)Wildt" <Ron(dot)Wildt(at)target(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: config_distro.py missing in pgadmin4 v4.12
Date: 2019-09-08 12:21:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 1:44 PM Ron.Wildt <Ron(dot)Wildt(at)target(dot)com> wrote:

> Pgadmin Support,
>

> I’m compiling the docker container using the included Dockerfile in the
> github repo on https://github.com/postgres/pgadmin4 and I ran into 2
> issues when using the pgadmin4 repo and couldn’t find anything on them in
> the online support, documentation, etc. so I’m hopeful this is the right
> path to find out more and how to address:

The build system requires a few extra steps to setup the environment for
building the container. In a nutshell, you should either run
$SRCDIR/pkg/docker/build.sh from $SRCDIR, or run 'make docker' from $SRCDIR.

This is covered in the README in the pkg/docker directory, though it
doesn't go into a great deal of detail.

Patches would be welcome to remove the need to run build.sh and do
everything from the dockerfile.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com