Re: Ubuntu 22.04 upgrade problems

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Richard Greenwood <richard(dot)greenwood(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 22.04 upgrade problems
Date: 2022-07-04 09:07:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 at 23:04, Richard Greenwood <richard(dot)greenwood(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I have just upgraded a laptop from Ubuntu 18.04 -> 20.04 -> 22.04 and am
> having problems getting pgAmin4 installed. I followed the steps at
> https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-apt/ adding the repo and then
> 'apt update', 'apt install pgadmin4' but my /usr/pgadmin4/bin/ directory
> contains only 'setup-web.sh' and nothing else. 'apt search' lists pgadmin4
> as being installed. I've done 'apt remove' and 'apt install' trying to
> install just pgadmin4 and pgadmin4-destop.
>
> I did do 'apt remove pgadmin4' before trying to install the first time
> around, but I did not delete any pgadmin4 files or directories in my home
> directory that were from the Ubuntu 18.04 installation.
>
> I realize that my problems may be more in the apt realm than the pgadmin
> realm but I figured I start by seeking advice here first.

The pgadmin4 package is really just a "meta" package that includes various
sub-packages which contain all the real goodness. Try doing the following
to remove everything:

apt-get purge pgadmin4 pgadmin4-server pgadmin4-web pgadmin4-desktop

Next, edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgadmin4.list and make sure the repo
path has the correct codename in it for your updated release (e.g. jammy
for 22.04).

Finally, run "apt update" and then try re-installing.

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com