Re: fixes for browser.tests api test cases

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Usman Muzaffar <usman(dot)muzaffar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fixes for browser.tests api test cases
Date: 2018-10-17 13:00:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 1:56 PM Usman Muzaffar <
usman(dot)muzaffar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 4:02 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:35 PM Usman Muzaffar <
>> usman(dot)muzaffar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hackers,
>>>
>>> Please find here attached patch for the following test cases,(in package
>>> pgadmin.browser.tests) which were failing.
>>>
>>> - test_change_password
>>> - test_gravatar_image_display
>>> - test_login
>>> - test_logout
>>> - test_reset_password
>>> - test_version_in_range
>>>

>>> following fixes are provided
>>>
>>> - Overridden base class setUp function, as if there is any issue in
>>> the base class setup code, it fails the test case uselessly.
>>> - Changed 'active' parameter value to boolean from integer in
>>> following api '/user_management/user/'
>>>
>>> in the test case ,as the relevant post function accepts value
>>> in boolean. Currently due to this the test case was failing.
>>>

>>> Please review the patch and commit.
>>>
>>> Note: I have verified it on Python2.7 & Python3.6
>>>

>> That does fix most issues, however I still see this:
>>
> I was told someone was working on this therefore I did not work to avoid
> duplicate efforts. Currently, no one is working so I will pick and provide
> the fix.

OK, thanks.

>> FAIL: runTest
>> (pgadmin.browser.tests.test_internal_version.InternalVersionTestCase)
>>
>> TestCase with INTERNAL_VERSION_PARAM present

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>> File
>> "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/tests/test_internal_version.py",
>> line 60, in runTest
>>
>> self.assertTrue(url.endswith(version_string))
>>
>> AssertionError: False is not true

>> Another issue of note is this seen when I try to run the feature tests.
>> Notice how the counts of tests don't add up?
>>
> Did you just run feature tests(python runtests.py --pkg feature_tests) ?
> Then I will have to see why 15 test cases are being skipped? I will update
> you accordingly.

Well, "make check-feature", but that's the same thing. The point is not
that the tests were skipped (that's intentional), but that at the top it
says 16 were skipped (which I believe is correct), and at the bottom it
says 1 passed and 15 were skipped.