Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Date: 2020-03-26 14:40:18
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:36 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> > I'm certainly not against making the information better, I'm just not
> > sure that's the best way.
>
> So I tried this with the latest version of Safari, and AFAICT it
> just worked --- I got a download without any fiddle-faddle.
> I assume what this means is that I'm already logged in, but
> if so it was quite some time ago, because I rarely use this.

I'd have to guess you saved the username and password. I'm logged in, and
if I click any of the mbox links in Chrome or Safari, I just get a prompt
telling me to sign in, with no other details.

Safari has a "remember password" option on that dialog. Chrome does not.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company