Re: PgAdmin rc-1 Version Backup Errors

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Kenneth Russell <linux-ken(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin rc-1 Version Backup Errors
Date: 2016-09-06 08:01:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Kenneth Russell <linux-ken(at)comcast(dot)net> wrote:
> When trying to specify a folder (using browse)for the db backup file,
> PgAdiminb4 rc-1 shows the folders on my “C” drive (Windows 10) and it cannot
> be changed.

That was fixed yesterday for the next release.

> Also, I get a version mismatch on the ‘pg_dump’ routine. Here’s the error:
> “pg_dump server version 9.6 beta3, pg_dump version 8.45. Aborting due to
> mismatch.”

pgAdmin is finding the wrong version of pg_dump, which is what...

> Also. Rhe rc-1 version of PgAgent 4 prompts for Binary file path settings in
> “preferences” when the beta3 version did not. I don’t know what to enter in
> these fields.

...that setting is for. It says on the screen what to put in there;
can you suggest wording that would make it more understandable if it's
not clear?

In a nutshell, put the path to the directory containing the version of
pg_dump, pg_restore and friends that you want to use. Otherwise,
pgAdmin will use the search path.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com