Re: Installation on APT

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Thomas Sattler <tomsattler(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation on APT
Date: 2021-01-28 09:03:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 8:21 AM Thomas Sattler <tomsattler(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Installation fails on Linux Mint, which is a Ubuntu derivative. The log
> is below:
>
> tom(at)tomdev19 Sun24 22:51 ~> sudo sh -c 'echo "deb
> https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/$(lsb_release -cs)
> pgadmin4 main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgadmin4.list && apt update'
> Ign:1 cdrom://Linux Mint 19.1 _Tessa_ - Release amd64 20181217 bionic
> InRelease
> Err:2 cdrom://Linux Mint 19.1 _Tessa_ - Release amd64 20181217 bionic
> Release
> Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get
> update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
> Ign:3 http://packages.linuxmint.com tricia InRelease
>

> Hit:4 http://packages.linuxmint.com tricia Release
>

> Hit:5 http://ppa.launchpad.net/audio-recorder/ppa/ubuntu bionic
> InRelease
>

> Hit:6 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease
>

> Ign:8 https://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu bionic/mongodb-org/4.2
> InRelease
>

> Hit:9 http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge stable InRelease
>

> Hit:10 https://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu bionic/mongodb-org/4.2
> Release
>

> Get:11 https://deb.opera.com/opera-stable stable InRelease [2,591 B]
>

> Hit:12 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
>

> Hit:13 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
>
> Hit:14 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease
>
> Ign:15 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt tricia-pgdg InRelease
>
> Hit:16 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports InRelease
>
> Err:17 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt tricia-pgdg Release
>
> 404 Not Found [IP: 87.238.57.227 80]
> Ign:18 https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/tricia
> pgadmin4 InRelease
> Err:20 https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/tricia
> pgadmin4 Release
> 404 Not Found [IP: 87.238.57.227 443]
> Err:11 https://deb.opera.com/opera-stable stable InRelease
> The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> not available: NO_PUBKEY 4B8EC3BAABDC4346
> Reading package lists... Done
> E: The repository 'cdrom://Linux Mint 19.1 _Tessa_ - Release amd64
> 20181217 bionic Release' does not have a Release file.
> N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
> therefore disabled by default.
> N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
> configuration details.
> E: The repository 'http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt tricia-pgdg
> Release' does not have a Release file.
> N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
> therefore disabled by default.
> N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
> configuration details.
> E: The repository '
> https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/apt/tricia pgadmin4
> Release' does not have a Release file.
> [...]

Both the pgAdmin and PostgreSQL repositories are failing because they're
trying to access a repo called "tricia", which is neither a Debian or
Ubuntu release codename. Try editing the repo config files for both, and
changing "tricia" to "bionic", which is the corresponding Ubuntu name.

Note that we don't support Linux Mint, so I can't guarantee that will work
(but it probably will).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com