Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: johannes graën <johannes(at)selfnet(dot)de>
Cc: Gabriel Sánchez <gabrielesanchez(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly
Date: 2016-02-16 10:52:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 8:13 AM, johannes graën <johannes(at)selfnet(dot)de> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Gabriel Sánchez
> <gabrielesanchez(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > The same happens to me. Although copying and waiting usually works for
> me.
>
> I've got a new clue. Although cut + paste inserts the wrong text, the
> cutted text is available to other programs afterwards. So my guess
> would be that pgadmin just uses the wrong clipboard to insert from.

pgAdmin just registers the shortcut (Ctrl+V) as part of the menu item,
therefore they call exactly the same code.

My best guess is that when you use Ctrl+V, some other control on the window
actually has focus and is "swallowing" the keypress before our code sees
it. Can you confirm that the SQL textbox is definitely the focussed control
when you hit Ctrl+V? Does it work properly then?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company