Re: Accessibility issues in PgAdmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: timjonas(dot)boettcher(at)gmx(dot)de, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Accessibility issues in PgAdmin
Date: 2021-03-15 10:10:59
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 10:02 AM Khushboo Vashi <
khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 2:52 PM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 4:58 AM Khushboo Vashi <
>> khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Use a space button to toggle the yes/no or true/false buttons.

>>> Use https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4 to log the request
>>> in future.
>>>

>> Khushboo, can you please make sure the appropriate WAI-ARIA roles are
>> added ASAP?
>>
> We have added Area label and role for toggle button but did not added for
> the labels which state yes/no as we have marked them as area-hidden=true,
> so that they can be excluded from the accessibility tree.
> As we have added appropriate WAI-ARIA for the toggle button (parent div),
> the screen reader can read that control as a toggle button (I have tested
> it with Chrome Screen reader extension) and not only text.
> Also, we have provided a spacebar key to toggle it, so we can operate it
> with a keyboard.
>
> [image: Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 3.30.02 PM.png]

OK, that's good - however, it's obviously not working for Tim's braille
display. Can you please try to get to the bottom of it? Maybe we need to
whip up a simple test case that Tim can try out, as we don't have access to
any braille devices and couldn't read them anyway.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com