Re: Mac client - reconnecting to existing server (RESOLUTION)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Diggs, Asoka" <asoka(dot)diggs(at)intel(dot)com>
Cc: Jack Royal-Gordon <jackrg(at)pobox(dot)com>, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mac client - reconnecting to existing server (RESOLUTION)
Date: 2020-04-06 16:25:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 5:19 PM Diggs, Asoka <asoka(dot)diggs(at)intel(dot)com> wrote:

> Success! I’ve moved pgAdmin to a static port. For other Mac users, here
> is what I did.
>

> Open Terminal window and:
>
> cd ~/Library/Preferences
>
> plutil -convert xml1 org.pgadmin.pgadmin4.plist
>
> vi org.pgadmin.pgadmin4.plist
>

> In the text file, add (I think the area to add this is obvious):
>
> <key>FixedPort</key>
>
> <string>TRUE</string>
>
> <key>PortNumber</key>
>
> <integer>60000</integer>
>

> Save and exit file. Back at command line:
>
> plutil -convert binary1 org.pgadmin.pgadmin4.plist
>

> Close the pgAdmin tab and kill the server using Activity Monitor.
>

> Restart (I found that the updated .plist file wasn’t being seen without
> the Restart).
>

> You can use any text editor where I used vi. The problem I ran into is
> that the GUI editors wouldn’t let me edit something in the ~/Library
> folder, and I’m enough of a Mac noob to not know how to get around that.
> So I used vi to get the job done.
>

> These details might be valuable in the pgAdmin documentation.

Seems like a very long winded way of doing it. Why not just use the
Configuration Dialogue (yes, I know the styling looks a little different to
current releases - I'm hacking on that at the minute)?

[image: Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 17.23.03.png]

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company