Re: portion of pgadmin page not allowed to display

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Tom Plancon <tplancon(at)bkaarchs(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: portion of pgadmin page not allowed to display
Date: 2023-05-05 08:25:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Fri, 5 May 2023 at 02:36, Tom Plancon <tplancon(at)bkaarchs(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>

> Thank you for your response.
>

> In the apache2 security.conf, the “Header set X-Frame-Options “sameorigin”
> ” line was commented out. I uncommented it, restarted apache2 and
> postgresql, no change in pgadmin4 behavior.
>

> I added the line directly to the apache2.conf, restarted everything again,
> no change.
>

> I don’t seem to have the developers tools you mentioned. Again, I
> installed pgadmin4 from the Ubuntu apt repository.

The developer tools are built into Firefox - see
https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/.

Please check the response headers (and post them here) for the initial
request to the server, and for any that have been blocked (they normally
get displayed in red).

> I’m running this Ubuntu server on the Azure cloud. I’m wondering if that
> is putting some restrictions on server behavior.

It shouldn't make any difference. People run in the cloud all the time.

> BTW, how do you stop, restart pgadmin4, by restarting postgresql?

No - the PostgreSQL server often isn't even on the same VM. Assuming you're
running pgAdmin in web mode using a standard setup done by our setup-web.sh
(i.e. mod_wsgi, not uwsgi or gunicorn), to restart the pgAdmin server you
simply restart the Apache server that it's hosted by.

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com