Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - RM 4048 - Disable auto-fill on all dialogues

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - RM 4048 - Disable auto-fill on all dialogues
Date: 2019-04-02 14:30:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:37 AM Khushboo Vashi <
khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached patch to fix the RM 4048 - Disable auto-fill on
> all dialogues.

I guess the additions in server.js were for testing? Many of those fields
didn't make sense to have autocomplete enabled, and some were specifically
the ones that were annoying me.

That said... this doesn't actually work for me in Chrome. A little
investigation reveals this is a common annoyance. Some versions ignore
autocomplete="off" but will accept autocomplete="nope" (or some other
random string), whilst versions such as the one I'm running right now
(72.0.3626.121
on macOS) ignore both. Apparently, that's sort of how it's supposed to
work:
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/form-control-infrastructure.html#autofill

After some experimentation, the one thing that worked for me (except on the
password field of the server dialog, which I can live with) was setting it
to "new-password".

I've attached an updated patch. Can you take a look and try it out on the
browsers you have please?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM_4048_v2.patch application/octet-stream 8.2 KB