Re: PATCH: Schema/Catalog Node [pgAdmin4]

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Schema/Catalog Node [pgAdmin4]
Date: 2016-03-03 14:57:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> As discussed, I have worked on this patch to improve some code level
> changes.
> (because - Murtuza was not available due to some other engagement.)
>
> Can you please review it, and share your feedback?

I think it's mostly there. I've attached an updated patch where I've fixed
a few minor issues as I read through the code. The following (likely
simple) issues need to be fixed:

- Dropping a schema fails with an error message of "
schema/pg/9.2_plus/sql/get_name.sql".

- Creating a schema appears to fail with "'data' is undefined", however the
schema is created, it's just that the dialogue doesn't close and the new
schema isn't added to the tree.

- There is some discrepancy between default privileges as displayed on the
properties summary, the edit dialogue, and the RE-SQL. As you can see in
the screenshot, the SQL just GRANTS ALL, and the properties panel doesn't
show anything.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 14.54.26.png image/png 523.3 KB
schema_catalog_node_v6-dave.patch application/octet-stream 159.4 KB