Re: pgAdmin v4.1 - positive feedback

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com" <ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com>
Cc: "Smith(dot)Hutchings(at)CapsicoHealth(dot)com" <Smith(dot)Hutchings(at)capsicohealth(dot)com>, Mark Murawski <markm-lists(at)intellasoft(dot)net>, "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Harshal Dhumal <harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin v4.1 - positive feedback
Date: 2019-01-22 15:49:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 1:24 PM ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com <
ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com> wrote:

> Comments inlined.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Laurent.

Thanks.

> You can switch between top level tabs with Alt/Option + Shift + [ and
> Alt/Option + Shift + ] by default. That can be changed under File ->
> Preferences -> Browser -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
>
> *[Laurent Hasson] Ah, so this is interesting. I have been having problems
> with keyboard shortcuts. Even saving has been problematic without clicking
> on the save icon. I guess I can’t figure out what the keyboard config is. I
> have an older IBM mechanical keyboard, on Windows, what’s the combination
> of keys by default (I haven’t customized that)?. But anyways, I have found
> getting rid of the brain scarification around Alt-Tab really hard… **😊*

I suspect the issue is that the right panel may need to be focussed for the
Save shortcut to be detected. The problem is, if you have a couple of query
tool tabs open, and side-by-side in the UI, and neither has focus, where
should whatever does have focus send the key press?

You can find the shortcut keys listed under File -> Preferences for each
module, and can customise them there. Unfortunately you'll find you
probably can't set any to things like Alt+Tab, as the operating
system/window manager will always catch those so we never see them.