Re: Peer's Certificate has expired on download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Pierre <pierre(dot)forstmann(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Peer's Certificate has expired on download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum
Date: 2020-03-06 10:51:10
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM Pierre <pierre(dot)forstmann(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a trying to install PostgreSQL 10 client on a CentOS 7.7 machine
> Here is what I get:
>
> [root(at)co7cen01 ~]# yum info postgresql-10
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> * base: miroir.univ-paris13.fr
> * centos-sclo-rh: miroir.univ-paris13.fr
> * centos-sclo-sclo: miroir.univ-paris13.fr
> * extras: miroir.univ-paris13.fr
> * updates: centos.mirror.fr.planethoster.net
>
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's Certificate has expired."
> Trying other mirror.
> It was impossible to connect to the CentOS servers.
> This could mean a connectivity issue in your environment, such as the
> requirement to configure a proxy,
> or a transparent proxy that tampers with TLS security, or an incorrect
> system clock.
> You can try to solve this issue by using the instructions on
> https://wiki.centos.org/yum-errors
> If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please use
> https://bugs.centos.org/.
>

> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's Certificate has expired."
> Trying other mirror.
>
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's Certificate has expired."
> Trying other mirror.
>
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.4/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's Certificate has expired."
> Trying other mirror.
>
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's Certificate has expired."
> Trying other mirror.
>
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's Certificate has expired."
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: No matching Packages to list
>
> Can somebody fix this ?
>
> NB: I am currently available to join the group if needed (I am currenly
> unemployed but will start a new job in the coming days).

There was an issue with LetsEncrypt certificates earlier this week, in
which they had to revoke some including (iirc) that server. However, we did
replace them all before that happened. As far as I can see, everything is
fine at the moment:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=download.postgresql.org

--
Dave Page