Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module

From: Sachin Kotwal <kotsachin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module
Date: 2016-04-21 14:13:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 04/21/2016 02:23 AM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> Thanks for reply.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
>> <mailto:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>> wrote:
>>
>> Sachin Kotwal <kotsachin(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:kotsachin(at)gmail(dot)com>>
>> writes:
>> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Adrian Klaver <
>> adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com <mailto:adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>>
>>
>> > Yes. I have clone git repository and checkout for pg-9.3.11
>>
>> The reason for that question is that the most obvious explanation
>> for this
>> failure is that the auto_explain build is seeing a different value for
>> PG_USE_INLINE than the main server build did.
>>

>> Ok. But I am not getting getting why auto_explain is doing that.
>> All pg_config parameters have correct value as per my installation
>> posted in last mail.
>>

> Do you have a Postgres instance installed that did not come from the Git
> clone?

Currently I do not have Postgres installation from other than Git but i
will try that soon.

I did same Postgres version installation of on CentOS 6 , It is working
fine.

I think it is problem with OS X. On OS X contrib tools unable to find
correct installation paths.
I feel we need to fix them.