Re: Recursive CTE for building menus

From: Tim Smith <randomdev4+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recursive CTE for building menus
Date: 2018-04-13 18:15:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On 13 April 2018 at 16:04, Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com> wrote:
> On 04/13/2018 02:09 AM, Bob Jones wrote:
>>
>> The adaptions I am trying to make are as follows:
>> - Higher priority moves the item higher up the menu (i.e. adapting
>> from the original "votes" concept).
>> - Default alphabetical ordering of titles
>> - Use of alphanumeric IDs instead of numeric
>

> Hi, I wrote that blog post! :-)
><snip>

Accidentally hit the wrong reply button and sent a reply direct to
Paul instead of list.

I won't repeat my message here, but instead I will just leave a brief
expression of public gratitude to the great man himself for taking the
time to reply.

For the record: A quick simple test indicates (as might be expected)
that the proposed query works.

Thanks again.

Bob