Re: crash with sql language partition support function

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: crash with sql language partition support function
Date: 2018-04-13 16:25:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry Alvaro for spamming you with multiple replies for the same
message. I'm failing to use Gmail properly.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:
> Amit Langote wrote:
>> On 2018/04/13 6:58, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> > After going over your patch, I think you went slightly overboard here.
>> > Or maybe not, but this patch is so large that it's hard to form an
>> > opinion about it.
>>
>> It's mostly code movement, but there are some other changes as well as
>> described below.
>
> Hmm can you please split out the code changes into a separate patch? I
> can commit the code movement quickly, but the other stuff requres more
> creful review.

OK, here are two patches.

First one reorganizes and second one implements the other things I
mentioned. If you think the 2nd one needs to be split further, do let
me know, although I may not be able to respond until Monday.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Reorganize-partitioning-code-structure.patch application/octet-stream 193.3 KB
v4-0002-Reorganize-partitioning-cache-info.patch application/octet-stream 72.5 KB