Re: Compatibility of libpg

From: Igor Korot <ikorot01(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compatibility of libpg
Date: 2017-05-02 00:44:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, John,

On May 1, 2017 8:00 PM, "John R Pierce" <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com> wrote:

On 5/1/2017 4:28 PM, Igor Korot wrote:

> Like I said, I don't have dll, I downloaded a source files and would
> like to compile
> the code myself from the MSVC.
>
> And I will use libpg calls directly.

build the postgres server, and it will generate the DLL, then link to that
with your own apps.

Trouble is - I don't need the server, client only.

Server is already built.

static linking to runtime libraries like this is strongly discouraged.

Yes, dynamic linking is planned.

But I want to build from MSVC. I already have a solution for it. All I need
is to create a project inside that solution which will build the dll and
lib files for me.

Or I have to use nmake?

Thank you.