errcodes.h and others not generated when compiling 13.6 on M1 Mac

From: Sam Kidman <sam(at)fresho(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: errcodes.h and others not generated when compiling 13.6 on M1 Mac
Date: 2022-04-27 00:05:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

I recently upgraded one of our applications to use postgres 13.6. When I
try to compile from a source checkout or by running asdf install (our
version manager which also compiles 13.6) I get the same error message:

../../src/include/utils/elog.h:71:10: fatal error: 'utils/errcodes.h' file
not found

After digging around in the source it looks like it's supposed to be
generated. I can't figure out why this isn't working on my machine though.
It seems to happen on any M1 mac (my colleagues can reproduce it)

Any help on how to fix or debug this further would be appreciated.

Regards, Sam
www.fresho.com