Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC

From: Ants Aasma <ants(dot)aasma(at)eesti(dot)ee>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Seamus Abshere <seamus(at)abshere(dot)net>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC
Date: 2013-02-14 16:24:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Feb 13, 2013 10:35 PM, "Heikki Linnakangas" <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
wrote:
> We could support operator("?") as well; belt and suspenders. That would
help ODBC clients too.

+1 for the belt and suspenders approach. With {postgres qm} JDBC can work
with older PostgreSQL versions, not requiring applications to bump their
minimum db version. With operator("?") older JDBC clients can work too in
case the library version is fixed due to policies (I'm assuming here that
question marks already work within quoted identifiers/literals).

--
Ants Aasma