Re: Error: "could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory"

From: frank picabia <fpicabia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error: "could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory"
Date: 2020-12-22 15:59:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks for the responses.

We'll take this up with VMware support and then if it isn't a
configuration issue, move it along to Redhat Linux support.

It was also useful to learn cgroups default support within the kernel can
use up so much memory on a system with larger RAM. On the next reboot this
will free up about 1.6 GB RAM. It might help with a little wiggle room
until we know more about the other issue which seems to limit us to 1/2 our
RAM.