Re: four template0 databases after vacuum

From: Kazuaki Fujikura <fujya(at)fujya(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Subject: Re: four template0 databases after vacuum
Date: 2016-02-15 05:22:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Firstly, I apologise for the delay in replying to you.

>On which of the database clusters are you seeing the 4 template0
databases?
template0 looks the same on both the master and slave,

$ psql -U user -l -h master | grep template0
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
$ psql -U user -l -h slave1 | grep template0
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
$ psql -U user -l -h slave2 | grep template0
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C
| C | =c/postgres +

>How are the databases created?

We create database at createdb command.
ex) createdb -O user -E UTF8 --lc-ctype ja_JP.UTF8 -T template0 <dbname>

Best regards,
Kazuaki Fujikura