Re: PgPool Configuration Document required

From: Jimit Amin <jimitamin9(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgPool Configuration Document required
Date: 2015-06-30 16:35:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Sir,

Sorry for this type of question, I have already configured PgPool but
facing 3 issue. That's why I thought that I may have done wrong setup.

Issue faced
I have streaming replication setup 1 master and 1 read-only server and
PgPool

1. I have already mentioned nextval in blacklistfunction but sometime
PgPool fires nextval on read-only server. I have log file.

2. I am not able to see modified data updated by same transaction because

Begin;
Update .... ; --- master server

Select that data ... ; --- I am not able to see updated data by previous
update because this select executed on read-only server

3. From application I am executing one procedure which returns cursor..
I am getting error like "unnamed portal " dose not exists, while checking
log I got to know that exec procedure done on read-only slave server and
fetch all in "unnamed portal " executed on slave server.

Thanks,
Jimit Amin