Re: BI tools and postgresql

From: Seref Arikan <serefarikan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mark Phillips <mark(dot)phillips(at)mophilly(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BI tools and postgresql
Date: 2012-07-25 21:12:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Mark,
For me, Pentaho has delivered quite good results in the past, and being an
open source offering it would probably work OK with postgresql. Jasper
reports also seems to have made it into BI space, and I would assume it'd
work with postgresql too or so I recall. Both are open source
projects/products with strong industry adoption, so if you're going to
advice against MS tools, they'd be more likely to be considered as
alternatives.

Regards
Seref