Adding storage parameters on index

From: Pravesh Sharma <pravesh(dot)sharma(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding storage parameters on index
Date: 2023-06-23 08:58:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi All,

I am working on feature #6374
<https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6374> which is
adding storage parameters while creating an index. I have made changes in
the definition tab of create index to have all the required parameters.
Attached is the new design, please review it.

I also have a few points which require suggestions.

1. Storage parameters are different for different access methods. If an
access method does not support a parameter we can either disable it or hide
it (I am thinking of hiding it based on the access method).
2. There is a storage parameter named *buffering *which is by
default auto and takes on/off value. What type of control should I use for
it? Should it be a switch or a drop down with three options on, off and
auto, if we have a switch user won't be able to move to auto.
3. There is a parameter *vacuum_cleanup_index_scale_factor *that was
added on PostgreSQL 11 but was removed on PostgreSQL 13, should we add this
too?

Thanks
Pravesh Sharma

--

<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

Pravesh Sharma

Software Engineer

+91 9406461406

www.enterprisedb.com

Power to Postgres

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/edbpostgres>
<https://twitter.com/edbpostgres?lang=en>
<https://www.facebook.com/EDBpostgres>
<https://www.instagram.com/EDBpostgres/>

Attachment Content-Type Size
Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 1.40.07 PM.png image/png 202.7 KB