Re: Even if I have a lot of free space PgSQL returns "ERROR: could not extend file - No space left on device"

From: Nature Conservation Geovista Space <conservation(dot)by(dot)geovista(dot)space(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Even if I have a lot of free space PgSQL returns "ERROR: could not extend file - No space left on device"
Date: 2023-09-12 12:12:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Laurenz,

Thanks a lot for your kind support.

1 - At the moment my *postgresql.conf *is by default with no limit
*#temp_file_limit
= -1*
Maybe I just have to uncomment it so that this rule really applies. Let's
see this evening if your suggestion fix it.

2 - Do you think it could come from another param not set up correctly?

3 - Can I try to watch out the log or size of the temporary table created
after my query failed so that I can investigate what happened?

Cheers,

Vincent