Re: FDW wrapper for clustered app management

From: Jerome Wagner <jerome(dot)wagner(at)laposte(dot)net>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FDW wrapper for clustered app management
Date: 2014-10-17 11:51:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello John,
Thanks for your answer. I am also considering a publish/subscribe MQ based
solution (and this may be indeed needed for queuing RPCs).

the data I would like to access R/W is more like
- configuration data
- states of different state machines
- cache values for some keys (reading, invalidating)

so you could in a sense say that they are table oriented.

I agree that this becomes 'tangential' with write access.
a request like "UPDATE server.service SET start_requested = true WHERE name
= 'myService' and started = false" seems weird but it could probably work.

Thanks,
Jerome