PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue

From: Arnd Baranowski <baranowski(at)oculeus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue
Date: 2024-02-05 19:03:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 16 inch with M3 Max in the base configuration (48 gig RAM, 1 terabyte HD). Operating System macOS the latest Sonoma 14.3. I use the latest Postgres 14 installed via brew in the standard configuration. From time to time (every second or third week) I use to reboot the Mac and since several weeks now (the last 4 reboots at least) I lose data of the database when rebooting and I fall back to a state of several days ahead of the reboot. This affects structure and data added. I cover this via backups and it looks that data is kept in memory rather than written to the database. Beside this Mac and Postgres run fine.

Regards

Arnd Baranowski