pg_stop_backup running for 2h10m?

From: François Beausoleil <francois(at)teksol(dot)info>
To: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_stop_backup running for 2h10m?
Date: 2013-04-23 19:08:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I used omnipitr to launch a base backup, but I fumbled a couple of things, so I Ctrl+C'd *once* the console where I had omnipitr-backup-master running. omnipitr-backup-master correctly launched pg_stop_backup, but pg_stop_backup has been active for 2h10 minutes, as reported by pg_stat_activity.

According to the docs, pg_stop_backup wants to archive all xlogs before returning, but xlogs aren't being added to the backup directory.

What could be preventing pg_stop_backup from returning?

Thanks!
François Beausoleil