Mentor GCI-18

From: aashi chawla <aashichawla111(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Mentor GCI-18
Date: 2018-10-08 19:08:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Team,

This is with reference to G-Code-in 2018 . I am Aashi Kaur Chawla a social media influencer in search of learning and gaining experiences. I aspire to be a mentor for GCI – 18.
“When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute. “
-Simon Sinek

GCI is a platform for students to learn and practice their skills while contributing to open source projects, and mentors lend a helping hand. Working with young students is a special responsibility.

Unlike the other mentors who I believe are very good as developers, But that it is not the only skill required to mentor the team, team management and stabilizing the relationship is really important.

Mentors need to be able to guide students so they need to be an experienced member of the community, In the coming 15 days before the students register for the GCI, I will work day and night to prepare and know everything about your organization/community. 15 days are very less but I am keen to be a part of GCI-18 because I have the zeal to successfully mentor the team.

My AIM if I get to be a mentor for GCI-18 .

Perform duties and tasks given to me with full dedication and submit the reports on time.
My main aim is to give students a wonderful experience that they will cherish thought-out their lives.
Available for the students 24*7 to guide them, answer their queries.
Design creative tasks for the students.

Why am I eligible to be a mentor,

Leadership – As a vice president and PR of Et-Cetera – The Dramatics Society Of GTBIT, I will be able to implement the acumen that I’ve gained from my past experience required to mentor the team.
Communication Skills - I've handled PR for 3 consecutive years and marketing for over 20 F&B outlets in Delhi NCR region.
Creativity Skill – To design a new task for the students, creativity Is a must.
Dedicated and a Quick Learner – No matter what situation arises in front of me I’ll patiently take all the decisions.
Familiar with the tools for task creation like GitHub.

In the past as the head of the Dramatics Society, I’ve made sure that my team mates get the best experience, gain confidence and learn in my leadership. I believe, with knowledge we can conquer the world and the experiences whether good or bad teach you a lesson. I want to be a part of your team and gain a life-time experience.
I will perform every task and responsibility with full dedication.

My resume is attached overleaf for your persuasion.

Hoping for a positive response.

Regards,
Aashi Kaur Chawla
aashichawla111(at)gmail(dot)com